Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Healthy Crock Pot Chili...

Winter is here and in full effect. 
I don't know about you all but cold weather and my crockpot go hand in hand, especially with some homemade chili cooking in it. I feel like chili is a more of a cold weather dish, but I make it all year because it’s SO easy and so healthy!
Especially this one.
I just throw all these ingredients in the crock pot and let it be.
Not to mention, it’s full of flavor and I feel good about eating it. Lots of protein and fiber!
The two star ingredients I use in this recipe are fire-roasted tomatoes and smoked paprika.
These are two ingredients that I ALWAYS have in my pantry. I use fire roasted tomatoes as a base in all kinds of veggie soups, and smoked paprika is a staple spice I keep on hand to make anything smoky flavored (and it’s great in “cheesy” sauces)!
What I like most about this recipe is that you basically cannot mess it up! Don’t have mixed veggies? No prob, pick and choose which veggies you want to add! Same goes for the mushrooms and bell peppers, you can always replace it with another type of veggie that you prefer. Why not throw some leafy greens in the crock pot too?

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 Bell Peppers chopped
  • 1/2 Sweet Onion chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon Garlic chopped
  • 1 Cup Mushrooms chopped
  • 2 Cups Frozen Mixed Veggies
  • 1 Cup Cup Frozen Okra optional
  • 3, 15 ounce cans of Beans pre-cooked
  • 2 Cups Water
  • 1 Jar Marinara Sauce 
  • 1, 16 Ounce Can Chopped Fire Roasted Tomatoes
  • 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
  • 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
  • 2 Teaspoons Cumin

DIRECTIONS

  1. Place all ingredients in the crock pot.
  2. Cook on low (6 hours)

No comments

Post a Comment