Pages

Monday, February 27, 2017

On the verge of giving up and losing motivation...

“Pain is temporary, but quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong

I’ve heard many of you recently saying you’re on the verge of giving up and losing motivation. We are in this crazy world together; just know you’re not alone and you have sooo many people supporting you to live your best life.  

I struggled with the same thing; then I made the decision to make a change.

All of us face challenges and fears. We all get knocked down. What distinguishes us from those who give up in life is the ability to overcome and achieve even greater things in times of stress and pressure.

In 2014 I jumped back into the fitness world and working on my goals to lose a shit ton of weight.  That year was a turning point in my life.  After a turbulent time in my 20's, I had let myself down and given up on too many things before. I was determined to overcome my past and the fears that I held on. I was ready to start new.  I needed a challenge that I could overcome so that I had the strength and knowledge that I could do anything I put my mind to.

As I began my healing process by rustling through self-help books and renewing my faith, I sought out what made me happiest as a kid. I wanted that invincible feeling again.

In search of that feeling, my journey began. Working out and training day after day became my therapy.  It was my time of solitude and reflection. No matter how much I didn’t want to start or finish, I'd tie up my laces and push through the last few minutes ... I was determined. I knew that when I got through it, I would feel a million times better.

I have had thoughts about stopping quite often and calling it quits. But then I remind myself that “I’m not a quitter, I’m not a quitter, not anymore”…I talked myself through it and calmed my mind.

Those moments that I feel like quitting and walking away from the fitness world, I stop and looked around at all the women that I have helped. I've met women with so many different stories; they were changing their lives because their doctor said if they didn’t lose weight they would die, women who were cancer survivors, women who just need physical fitness as therapy, best friends challenging each other and elite athletes. We all came from different backgrounds, but we all had one thing in common…. we were all here because being active made us feel alive and so much better.

After I finish a grueling workout, sometimes the tears fall. They aren't tears of sadness or pain, but happiness.  I set out to accomplish something and didn’t give up.  

Since 2014 my life has taken a huge turn.  Not only have I fallen in love with something that saved me from my past, but also I realized…. I was invincible again…. an unstoppable kid.

Fitness saved my life, as it’s saved so many others like you.  If you put your mind and heart in into something, you can overcome and push through any challenge.


Keep moving, living and smiling.  Anything is possible…if you move forward without hesitation or doubt, nothing can stop you.




No comments

Post a Comment