Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2017

"Dieting" is a made up concept...

  

Diet: the kinds of food that a person, animal, 
or community habitually eats.

Everyone has this misconception that a diet is a restriction or limitation of foods.

A deficit of calories or cutting out food groups.
                                                         
No. No. No!

My diet is my lifestyle. I choose to eat healthy, but it’s a maintainable consistent diet. 
I don’t deprive myself of calories, I don’t miss out on social gatherings 
because I’m “dieting” and I definitely don’t cut out food groups!

Additionally, I don’t go more than 3 hours without eating.  This is especially important if you are trying to lose weight, and feel free to disagree with me on this.

​When you go hours without eating, to the point where your stomach is aching, maybe you have a headache or your energy levels are low, your body is in catabolic status. Meaning it thinks it’s in starvation mode. If you are in this status once every day, or more than once a day your body starts to store all the fat it can, making it impossible for weight loss! If you’re familiar with this, you may even be having a hard time building muscle. Yes, this is because your body is utilizing the proteins as an energy source because that’s its last option!

Eating every hour and half, allows my metabolism to be turned on all the time. I’m burning the energy I’m eating and constantly keeping my system active.

So if you’re someone whose been trying to lose weight, going to the gym every day, maybe twice a day, and eating 1000-1200 calories but not seeing any weight loss, maybe even weight gain, that’s because you’re not eating enough! If you’re on a workout routine and you’re highly active, eat AT LEAST every two hours.

FUEL YOUR BODY!


No comments

Post a Comment