Pages

Friday, March 24, 2017

Let go of “fine” and embrace what could be...

The transformation story…
I didn’t realize how badly my body had slipped away from me during my 4th pregnancy.  I hardly had time to eat, let alone shower between everything we had going on.  Then few months (6 weeks to be exact) after Rowans birth, I was using the medicine cabinet mirror to put my make up on.  I had just gotten out of what probably was my only shower in three days, and I caught a glimpse of myself in medicine cabinet mirror.  I cringed.  And then I cried.  What happened to me?


I’m pretty sure that up until that point, I had managed to fool myself into thinking I could eat whatever I wanted, and still look and feel just “fine” to others and even myself, hiding in loose-fitting clothes.  My tears revealed the truth.  I wasn’t “fine.”  I didn’t feel comfortable in my skin and I wanted to be as beautiful on the outside as I felt on the inside.  
So… after a good cry in my underwear, I decided to take some full body pictures of myself.  I was adamant that this was the last time I would be “fine”.  I didn’t want to be fine, I wanted to LOOK and FEEL GREAT.  I wanted more energy.  I wanted to make it through to the end of the day without a melt down.  In my new world of motherhood and doing everything and anything for everybody else, I wanted something for MYSELF.
I’m no fitness supermodel.  I wasn’t a college athlete.  I’m just a mom that wanted to regain her identity.  I wasn’t born with the “skinny gene.”  Obesity runs in my family lines.  However, I was born with the “try hard” gene and I strive for personal growth.


Lipstick & Lunges is bringing you the “5 Steps to the Best Shape of My Life” series.  Regardless of where you are on your journey for personal health and fitness, I hope that you’ll take a look at what I believe are the KEY factors for success in our own lives.  Let today be the day you decide to change your mindset.  Let go of “fine” and embrace what could be. Join a community of women who are striving to be the very best version of themselves.
Follow us Instagram@Lipstick.Lunges  and on my personal Facebook where I love getting personal.  You can also subscribe to Lipstick & Lunges blog for healthy recipes, workouts, and most of  all inspiration and encouragement!

Check back tomorrow for Step 1 in the 5 Steps to the Best Shape of My Life series.
You can do this and we are here to support you along the way!  We can’t wait to see you shine!


No comments

Post a Comment