Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Reasons why I WILL ROCK THIS DEPLOYMENT...

So this morning I slept in, well actually I slept until my alarm went off at 6am. I wanted to start back with my miracle morning routine but decided to catch up on sleep since yesterday was very emotional draining. 

But after my workout this afternoon as I was transferring music from my old laptop to my macbook I started thinking. I was thinking about how in the military community, we talk about how hard deployment can be, and then we say all kinds nice things to each other that don’t really mean too much.

So I decided to make myself a list of reasons why I WILL ROCK THIS DEPLOYMENT
1. Because the internet exists… and until just a decade or so ago, the easiest way to communicate was by phone… and before that, it was letters.
2. Because somewhere, someone has it worse than you, and they’re kicking this deployment’s butt.
3. Because some of our grandparents (or great-grandparents– lordy, I feel old) spent four years apart from each other without R&R to kick Hitler in the face.

4. Because care packages are fun to throw yourself into. 

5. Because there’s something cathartic about crying in the shower.

6. Because you can watch all the chick flicks and ugly cry & laugh at the same time

7. Because you can buy pre-made icing and eat it out of the tub with a spoon. (Oh, that’s just me?)

8. Because deployment is a great time to spend a little me-time improving on something or learning something new.

9. Because I’m here for you (and so are a lot of other military spouses)!

10. Because The Mindy Project, New Girl, The Big Bang Theory, Chicago Fire, AHS...I could go on. (Do I need to explain that any further?)

11. Because you don’t have to shave your legs! (And the peasants rejoiced.)

12. Because there are Ryan Gosling memes to help you through the tough times.

13. Because this is the perfect time to do all of the things that he’s (or she’s) not too keen on.

14. Because that homecoming kiss is pretty awesome.

15. Because the homecoming picture is pretty awesome, too.

16. Because if Brittany Spears made it through the 2000’s, you can make it through this. (And you haven’t even freaked out and shaved your head yet!)

17. Because you can set a career goal and work towards making it happen.

18. Because, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu.

19. Because this video exists and you can watch it for free… as many times as you want. Every day. Yes. Every day.

20. Because even though deployment feels like it lasts forever , it really will end. 

21. Because having something to look forward to is fun.

22. Because every time you feel like giving up and don’t, you’re getting stronger.

23. Because every time you give up, Nickleback releases a new single. Don’t let Nickleback release a new single.

24. Because of the kids.

25. Because asking for help is okay. 

WHAT DID I MISS? (THERE ARE DEFINITELY A LOT MORE REASONS!) I WANT TO HEAR ’EM!


No comments

Post a Comment