Pages

Monday, March 5, 2018

Motivation...How? & Monday Stats...

If you’re looking for motivation to get you off the couch and started on your workout, I have to tell you something… the motivation is not coming for you.  
I repeat, it is NOT coming.
You don’t just get motivated.  
DISCIPLINE COMES FIRST.
I am thankful that I grew up in a family who was pretty active. My parents played sports, my mom taught aerobics, I played softball, was a cheerleader, was on color guard, played tennis and rode my bike EVERYWHERE till I could drive. But having children slowed me down a lot. However that active girl was always still there and she would whisper "get up, go for a walk". So I got up and got moving again. Yes it wasn't the same as before kids but that's the great thing about being active, there isn't one "right way".
Trust me, I know it's hard. 
I know what it’s like to physically force yourself off the couch to do a workout that makes you want to die after only five minutes. 
I know what it’s like to cry during a workout because it’s so hard (did that last week during cardio but we will discuss that a bit later). 
I know what it’s like to quit in the middle of a workout. 
I know what it’s like to be embarrassed about having to workout to be healthy. 
But the truth is, you’re not going to get motivated. You have to take some sort of step forward on your own.
If you think you can’t do something because you’re not feeling motivated enough, you’re actually saying you don’t care enough. You don’t want to get motivated if you’re not doing anything about it, because it’s the action that creates the motivation. Action must come first. What you really should be saying is you want to be disciplined.
It takes discipline to take the action to get motivation. 
Did you get that???  
Being disciplined means you do something even if you don’t want to. People who are disciplined are willing to do the hard things, whether they want to or not. You have to tell yourself, “I don’t want to, but I’m going to.”
You’ll find that when you do it you actually feel amazing. When you feel amazing doing something you needed to do but didn’t want to do, you’re motivated to keep going. You’ve crossed it off your list and that makes you feel like a badass!
If you’re not happy with where you’re at, health or otherwise,  you know you deserve better and you want to make that change, you have to start today!  You have to start right now. Don’t wait until next Monday or the 1st of the month like everyone else does. 
Today is the day to start over. 
Remember it’s all about the action you take right now.
Motivation doesn’t come, you create it.  That’s the power you have.
~~~

Okay so last week was kind of a shit show or should I say snow show. So I was suppose to go grocery shopping on Thursday. Well Wednesday we got hit with the beginning of a 3 day winter storm. 
Here's the thing, it NEVER SNOWS here like it did those 3 days. We also had temps down to the teens which also never happens. And howling winds which were causing awful snow drifts. Wednesday to early Saturday morning the police were urging people to stay home because the roads were so bad. This area of the UK just isn't used to the weather we got slammed with. It was crazy. So I didn't end up being able to grocery shop till today, which means I tried my best to stay on my meal plan but it was far from perfect.

I crushed my workouts and staying active for my #365ActiveChallenge though.

Today I started the full 80 Day Obsession Plan and it was killer but fun. I'm really excited to see how my body responds to it over the next 80 days. 

I will also be walking inclines a few times this week too and work myself up to walking inclines 5 days a week. Baby steps for now to see how my hip reacts.

I've also decided to go strictly gluten, dairy free and KETO!

And for once I'm excited to update my stats because I lost a few pounds. 

Weight: 
February 26th 175.2 lbs --- March 5th 173.0 lbs (2.2lb lost)

Measurements:
Biceps - (R) 12" / (L) 12"
Forearms - (R) 9.5" / (L) 9.5"
Chest - 37"
Stomach (at hip bone) - 37"
Hips - 43"
Thigh - (R) 25" / (L) 25"
Calves - (R) 15.75" / (L) 15.75"
*I will update measurements March 31st*

And because a few of you were asking what my meal plan was like here it is. I will say I am EXTREMELY picky so my meal plan is VERY  SIMPLE. LOL! 

And I'm intermittent fasting so I only eat from 12pm to 8pm.

Its roughly between 1400-1500 calories a day, 73% Fat, 21% Protein, and 6% Carbs.

5am-730am: Coffee

845am: Unicorn Moonshine Ketones (ask me about it, if you are interested)

1st Meal at 12pm: 2 Keto Biscuits & 2 Jimmy Dean Sausage Patties

2nd Meal at 230pm: 4 Strawberries, Keto Blueberry Muffin & Unicorn Moonshine

3rd Meal at 5pm: 3oz Grilled Chicken, 1 cup Iceberg Lettuce, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, 
14 Hormell Pepperoni Slices, Topped with Dairy Free Ranch Dressing

4th Meal at 730pm: 2oz Arla Lactofree Mild Cheddar Cheese (vegan cheese) &
14 Hormell Pepperoni Slices



No comments

Post a Comment