Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Sugar & Carbs, I’m breaking up with you….

I had been on this weight loss/fitness/clean eating journey for almost 3 years now, October 14th is my fit-iversary.  But just the last few month I've realized that something was holding me back.  Something was derailing my diet, causing me to have less stamina during my workouts, and even affecting my mood at home.  What was it?

A sugar and carb addiction.


Sounds like a good thing, right?  I’ve been an admitted “chocoholic”  and "bread-obsessed" for years, but my addiction hadn’t been just limited to chocolate and bread. Oh no, everything from candy, soda, cinnamon rolls, muffins and of course pizza were part of my addiction.  But learning how to stop eating sugar and carbs would not be so simple.
And why did I care?
I was happily eating my way through life.  Living from meal to meal.  I would try to control my calories, but then the craving would start up and I was helpless, my eating was out of control.  I could work out all day long, but there came a point when I just wasn’t losing weight, it was about 2 years ago actually. I dropped my initial 85 lbs within the first 14 months and then nothing, no matter what I did. And it was this August when I realized that I had to break my sugar and carb addiction.

Sugar & Carbs, I’m breaking up with you….its not personal....shit what am I saying, it is personal!


So this morning I've decided to go completely cold turkey, thankfully I have my ketones to help my headaches and mood swings stay at bay.
I know if I can make it at least 7 days, no matter what, with no desserts, no candy, no sugar, no carbs, other than was what regularly found in my keto approved meals. I'm not going to scrutinize every label for sneaky sugars, but I'm going to avoid every obvious instance of sugar and carb in my diet, no matter how hard.
Did you know that sugar is addictive: When you eat sugar, your brain gets a massive dopamine surge, similar to the rush you get when you take addictive drugs.
I had a big Dr Pepper and some fries last night and that was it. Now I'm all done. I will update as the weeks go one. Wish me luck!


No comments

Post a Comment