Pages

Friday, September 22, 2017

Things you might not know about entrepreneurship...

1. Entrepreneurship is NOT a get-rich-quick-scheme.

Just to put it into perspective, approximately nine out of ten start up businesses FAIL. 


Yes, you heard that right...they FAIL. 

So what’s the lesson here exactly? No one told me that in order to make being an entrepreneur your bread and butter, you have to WORK HARD for it.

Now this one sounds like a no-brainer, but I say this because nowadays people are selling mystical masterclasses saying quit your 9 to 5 and make six figures tomorrow. Keeping it real folks, that's not how this works...that's not how any of this works.

I’m going to be honest with you, when I first wanted to seriously dive into working for myself I thought alright, cool I’ve started now I’m going to make money. Nope, not how it works at all.

Now as a somewhat seasoned entrepreneur, I see more and more new entrepreneurs making the same mistake themselves. Some even asking me how to monetize when they haven't invested or put 100% effort into their business yet. 

While there's no timeline on when you can make money from being an entrepreneur, you DO have to work towards making your business a full time form of employment just like you’d do with any other job. So long hours in advance, creating QUALITY content, scheduling social media posts out, doing market research to understand what others are doing to get sponsorship opportunities, doing research on your target audience so you can better appeal to them, and so much more goes into making those coins.

So to everyone who thinks this lifestyle is cake, I have this to say:

AS AN ENTREPRENEUR YOUR WORK IS NEVER DONE! 

There is ALWAYS something to do to keep your business at the head of the game and current with new technological advances, current events, updates, etc.. So if you haven’t been told yet, let me be the first to let you know that you have to put in work to see those results. Finding the perfect balance of researching, scheduling and continuing to produce quality will get you to the top.

2. It's Important to Realize What You Need to Succeed

Working towards your business taking off takes time, but it also takes money. No one told me that becoming an entrepreneur is expensive. You always see those “start a business with no money”, but realistically it takes money to make money.


I know there’s tons of ways to cut costs on certain things, but there are some unavoidable costs that you just have to pay out. For example, your domain for your website....I recommend GoDaddy.com because it's quick, cheap, easy and will give your website a more professional feel! Can you skip out on a website, sure, you can do whatever you want. But honestly you are going to see a difference the more "professional" you make your business.

So you’re working, you’re investing, what else is there? You’re doing everything you can to make your dreams a reality so what other secrets to success could there be? Well, there’s this notion that I believe is the most important for all up and coming entrepreneurs yet people hardly ever say it out loud...

3. No One Ever Told Me That My Journey Will Never Be Exactly Like Someone Else's

There are people out there, (myself included), who have blog posts and manuals and the whole nine yards showing you how to be successful in the world of entrepreneurship but that doesn’t mean it’s right for your journey.

There may be components of my journey that you can apply to your own, but ultimately what I go through may be completely different from you and that is OKAY. Hell, you may just become a millionaire by not even lifting a finger so if that’s the path you're destined to take #YOUDOYOUBOO


The sooner we all realize that there’s general information out there on entrepreneurship, but there’s exceptions and adaptations based on the specifics of your business the better. This is extremely helpful in understanding how to know what pieces of information you need to apply to yourself and what can be left behind.

There's tons to consume out there, but not every software, upgrade, trend or product needs to be implemented into what you have going on. And if you're just starting our or about to start, realizing that before going into the game will definitely save yourself a lot of those “why are they successful and I’m not” moments.

That's a wrap! 

I support all of you in all of your entrepreneurial endeavors as there’s room at the top for each and every one of us. Keep on keeping on and I hope my insights have made some sort of positive impact on your journey.

No comments

Post a Comment