Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Full disclosure, I’m a hot-mess mom...

Ok, full disclosure: I’m a hot-mess mom with clean freak tendencies and I’m proud of it.

You’ve seen the saying “good moms have sticky floors, messy kitchens, laundry piles, dirty oven and happy kids” 🤔

So according to this saying I’m a bad mom because I keep a clean house?! WTF….like, for real.



I’m no where near perfect and my house isn’t ALWAYS clean. But I prefer a clean home so I do my best.

Do I think I’m a good mom? Yeah, I really do. 

Do I think those who don’t keep their house as clean as me are bad moms? Absolutely not. 

What I do know is we all have our standards and I honestly don’t care what you do as long as it's not considered child abuse.

My tendencies for cleanliness started when I was VERY young. In my bubble of shyness and anxiety that no one knew about, keeping my bedroom immaculately was really the only thing I could control in my bubble.


I don’t have it all together by any stretch of the imagination. I’m not so sure having it together and being a good mom are even synonymous. I don’t think it’s any reflection on, well, anything, in my opinion. 

So, I’m coming forward to say it to everyone...I’m a hot mess mom but I’m also a clean freak. 

And I kinda just want to embrace it and move on, cause I have more important issues on which to dwell.

I am that mom who makes sure most of the dishes at night are loaded into the dishwasher or washed up before I go to bed. Usually mine and hubbies drink cups from that evening get left in the sink until morning. 

I’m that mom who stays on top of switching the loads from the washer to the dryer to the laundry basket. Do I fold them all right away? No, I usually get them done and put away the following day but that’s because it can take 4 hours for a load to dry in our dry. (Gotta love UK dryers.) 

I’m that mom who signs forms the day I get them and returns them the next day. Because I know if they sit on the counter they will disappear and then I’ll lose my mind trying to find them. 

I’m that mom who never misses a birthday party or an appointment because I put everything into my personal calendar and then on our family calendar.

I’m that mom who never forgets to RSVP because I know they are important and I will RSVP even if we can’t attend. 

I AM that mom who screams all morning to get the kids out of the house because one child (cough, cough…Logan) is ALWAYS slower then a turtle.

I AM that mom who lets her kids have endless screen time sometimes (ok, more than sometimes) just because I don’t feel like fighting and need to get a few things done.

I AM also that mom who likes to go to bed with a clean house because I like to wake up and not be stressed out.

I AM also that mom whose kids are safe.

I AM also that mom whose kids are, for the most part, happy.

I AM also that mom whose home has lots of love and laughter.

I AM also that mom who cheers on her kids and is their biggest fan.

I AM also that mom who is constantly working to show her kids they are accepted no matter what.

I AM also that mom who loves being a mom.

I’m a clean freak hot-mess mom.


SO MY FELLOW MOMS,
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW CLEAN YOUR HOUSE, 
OR HOW ORGANIZED YOU ARE.

I WON'T JUDGE YOU SO PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ME.

AS LONG AS YOUR KID(S) ARE HAPPY & HEALTHY,
THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

AND REMEMBER, YOU ARE DAMN FABULOUS!!!!


No comments

Post a Comment